There is a limit of one Bankwest Qantas Mastercard per customer.
1. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee usually applies. However, complimentary membership is available from Bankwest if you join at qantas.com/joinffbankwest.
Membership and the earning and redemption of points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Qantas Points are earned in accordance with and subject to the Bankwest Qantas Rewards Terms and Conditions (PDF). Qantas Points are earned on eligible purchases only, see Bankwest Qantas Rewards Terms and Conditions (PDF). Exclusions, limitations and points caps apply. Points earned and redemption values subject to change.
The total Qantas Points (including any bonus points) that can be earned in each year are: 50,000 if your Card is a Bankwest Qantas Classic Mastercard and 200,000 Qantas Points if your Card is a Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard. Qantas Points (outside any bonus points) won't be transferred to your Qantas Frequent Flyer Account until:
- You have spent an initial $1,500 on eligible purchases using your card; and
- Your account has been opened for at least 2 months.
2. Introductory rate on balance transfers:
- Introductory rate on balance transfers is available to new credit card customers only
- Applies from the date the card is opened, regardless of when any balance transfer is processed by us
- After intro period, the interest rate on any outstanding transferred balance will be charged at the ongoing balance transfer rate as outlined in your credit card schedule
- Minimum balance transfer amount is $500
- A request will only be processed up to 95% of your approved credit limit
- Only non-Bankwest-branded credit cards can be balance transferred to Bankwest Mastercard credit cards.
View balance transfer terms and conditions.
3. Foreign transactions are transactions occurring outside of Australia whether in foreign currency or Australian dollars including if you are in Australia (for example, online) where the merchant or the financial institution or entity processing the transaction is located overseas. No foreign transaction fees apply for Platinum or World customers. Other fees and charges may apply, including when using overseas ATMs.
4. Interest-free days on purchases apply when the total amount owing on your current statement is paid in full by the due date, and you have also paid off your previous month’s balance in full by its due date. Section 24 of our Credit Cards Conditions of Use (PDF) further outlines how this interest-free period is calculated.
5. Limitations, exclusions and eligibility criteria apply. See the Complimentary Credit Card Insurance booklet (PDF) for details.
From 1 October 2018 we’re changing our insurance provider as well as the Overseas Travel Insurance cover provided to customers 80 years of age and over. Find out more about the changes to credit card insurance.
World Mastercard Program terms and conditions apply. Visit www.mastercard.com.au/world for details about World Mastercard experiences. Mastercard and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and the circles design and Tap & go are trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.