If your Bankwest Mastercard® is lost or stolen overseas you can place a temporary lock on it in online banking or in the app and then call us on +61 8 9449 2840 to arrange an emergency replacement if required. We'll work with you to ensure your funds are safe.
Handy things to keep in mind
- International call charges may apply
- Once you receive your card, you can set your PIN in online banking or the app. You will need to have international roaming turned on as we send an SMS to your Australian mobile number for confirmation
- Any card connections will automatically be updated, unless you have reported your card as lost/stolen in the Bankwest app. You can check these in the Bankwest App under 'Cards' > 'Manage my card' > 'Card connections'
- Should you locate your old card, destroy it but cutting it in half through the signature panel
- Bankwest is unable to issue replacement cards to sanctioned countries
- Emergency replacement cards are not available for customers traveling in Australia.
How long does it take to get an emergency replacement card?
We require you to be at the same address for a minimum of seven business days to ensure safe delivery of your new card.
How much does an emergency card replacement cost?
Customers are not charged for using emergency services.
How long is an emergency replacement card valid for?
Mastercard credit cards / debit cards have a normal expiry time frame. When the cards expire, they go through the normal reissue process, and are issued as standard cards.
Can I cancel my request?
If you’d like to cancel your request, you can call us on +61 8 9449 2840.