What’s the difference between a property to live in, and an investment purpose?
Loans for an investment purpose (also known as investor loans) include – but aren’t limited to – loans where the predominant part of the loan is used to invest in shares, land, construction or an established dwelling (including refinance of investment loans).
Loans for a property to live in (also known as owner-occupier loans) include – but aren’t limited to – loans to fund the purchase of a property or refinance an existing loan, where the borrower currently resides or intends to reside in the property.
Other conditions apply.
What's the comparison rate?
It’s a tool that can help you identify the truer cost of a loan. It’s calculated using a standard formula that includes the interest rate, as well as certain fees and charges relating to a loan (not all fees and charges are included).
Comparison rate warning:
Comparison rate is calculated on the statutory assumption of $150,000 loan over 25 years but the minimum required loan amount is $200,000 for the Complete Home Loan Package. Different rates apply for different loan amounts and may depend on the duration of a fixed rate period or the ratio of the loan amount to the property value. WARNING: This comparison rate applies only to the example or examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
Home loan cashback promotion is available to Australian residents aged 18+ who refinance a property with a new Bankwest home loan.
- Home loan application must be submitted for full approval within the promotional period 12 November 2020 and 25 February 2022
- Home loan must be funded on or before 30 April 2022
- Lending must be new to Bankwest (refinances of existing Bankwest and CommBank loans are excluded from this offer)
- Lending must not exceed a loan to value ratio (LVR) of 80% for applications received from 12 November 2020 to 14 September 2021
- Lending must not exceed a LVR of 90% (including lenders mortgage insurance) for applications received from 15 September 2021 to 25 February 2022
- Repayment type can be principal and interest or interest only
- Available on owner occupier and investor home loans
- Minimum home-loan-specific refinance amount ≥$250k (excludes debt consolidation of personal loans and credit cards)
- Any available Bankwest home loan product is eligible
- Normal lending policies apply
- This offer is not available in conjunction with any other promotions
- Only one cashback per Eligible Customer. Only one cashback per eligible home loan. Where a home loan has more than one applicant and one applicant receives the cashback, all applicants are deemed to have received the cashback. Maximum cashback amount of $2,000.
See full T&Cs (PDF)
The information contained in the FAQs is of a general nature and is not intended to be nor should it be considered as professional advice. You should not act on the basis of anything contained in the FAQs without first obtaining specific professional advice. Also to the extent permitted by law, Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945, its related bodies corporate, employees and contractors accept no liability or responsibility to any persons for any loss which may be incurred or suffered as a result of acting on or refraining from acting as a result of anything contained in this article.