You must take steps to secure the Garmin Device on which a Bankwest Card linked to your account has been registered, including by the following:
- where the Garmin Device can be accessed by a biometric identifier, the cardholder must ensure only the cardholder's biometric identifier is registered on the Garmin Device;
- where the Garmin Device is accessible by Passcode, the Passcode must be kept secure by the cardholder. It must not be disclosed to anyone else (even a family member), a record of the Passcode must not be kept with the Garmin Device, or with or in anything with which the Garmin Device is stored unless reasonable steps have been taken to protect it;
- any Passcode selected must not be easy to guess or decipher, such as the cardholder's date of birth or other number associated with the cardholder;
- a cardholder must not act with extreme carelessness in relation to the security of the Passcode;
- a cardholder must ensure the Garmin Device is locked at all times when it is not being used, and is not left unattended in a non-secure environment;
- a cardholder must install and regularly update anti-virus software on the Garmin Device;
- a cardholder must ensure that only the cardholder accesses the Garmin Device to use the cardholder's Bankwest Card and that it is not accessed or used by anyone else, even if that person has the cardholder's permission; and
- a cardholder must remove any Bankwest Card from the cardholder's Garmin Device before disposing of the Garmin Device.
If a cardholder no longer wishes to use a Bankwest Card with Garmin Pay, the Bankwest Card should be removed from Garmin Pay prior to deleting or uninstalling it on the Garmin Device. Other ways to ensure that your Bankwest Card cannot be used with Garmin Pay on your Garmin Device include:
- Removing the Garmin account to which the Bankwest Card was added in Garmin Pay;
- Undertaking a factory reset of the Garmin Device; and
- Erasing the Garmin Device on a device manager.
We will not be liable for any loss caused by your fraud or use of Garmin Pay or the Garmin Device in a manner not permitted by Garmin. We will also not be liable for any loss arising from reduced service levels that are outside our reasonable control.