Before your physical credit card arrives in the mail, you can log into the Bankwest App to access your digital card. This means you can start using it immediately in some cases where a physical card isn’t needed (such as online shopping, Apple Pay and Google Pay™). You can also start setting up and managing your direct debits before your card arrives.
To activate your digital card:
- Log into the app and select the ‘cards’ tab in the right-hand menu
- Select your new credit card from the list
- Select ‘view card details'
- Select ‘view your contract’ to accept the terms and conditions
- Confirm your identity to view your digital card details.
Once your digital card is activated, log into online banking to set your PIN. Select ‘self-service’ from the left-hand menu. Then select ‘manage my cards’ and choose your card from the ‘cards to manage’ drop-down menu. Choose a 4-digit PIN and confirm your identity.
Once your physical card arrives, you’ll need to activate it using the instructions you’ll receive with it. You can keep using the PIN number you have set up for your digital card.