What to bring to your appointment

Take a look at the things you might need to bring with you, so you can make the most of your appointment.

What’s your appointment about?

See what you might need to bring


Home loan

If you’re coming in to chat about what’s possible, we’ll ask for some personal and financial details. But you won’t need to bring in any documents until you’re ready to apply.

Once you’re ready to apply, we’ll need a few more things from you:

Expenses, debts and savings
Bring along one month’s worth of statements for your everyday expense account.

If you have any debts (like credit cards, store cards, car loans or home loans) outside of Bankwest, bring in a month’s worth of statements for each one. The statements must be from the last 45 days and show:

  • Your name
  • Account number
  • Transaction history.

If – like most people – you plan to pay a deposit, you’ll need to provide proof of your savings (such as your most recent savings account statement).

If you’re refinancing
Bring in six months’ of recent home loan statements from your other financial institution. If you’re refinancing a personal loan or credit card as part of the loan, bring in your most recent three months’ consecutive bank statements for each debt. The statements must show:

  • Account holder name
  • Financial institution name
  • BSB and account number
  • Transaction history.

Credit card

Whether you’re applying for a new card or to increase your credit limit, we’ll need:

If you’re applying for a balance transfer, make sure to bring the card number and biller ID for any cards you want to transfer. And if you’re applying for a Bankwest Qantas Mastercard®, bring your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number if you have one (if not, we can let you know how complimentary membership is made available).


Personal loan

If you’re coming in to chat about what’s possible, we’ll ask for some personal and financial details. But you won’t need to bring in any documents until you’re ready to apply.

Once you’re ready to apply, we’ll need a few more things from you:

Buying a car?
If you're applying for a loan to buy a car from a private seller, bring the current registration papers from the seller and the current payout letter (if they hold finance on the vehicle). If you’re buying your car through a dealership, bring the Contract of Sale or Tax Invoice showing the vehicle details (VIN, engine number and registration number).


Personal transaction or savings account

Whether you’re a new or an existing customer, we’ll need to see some proof of ID.

You may also need to provide us with your:

  • Name, date of birth, address and contact details (plus those of any additional account holders)
  • Tax File Number (this will ensure you don’t pay withholding tax on the account)
  • Country (or countries) of residence and, if applicable, your tax identification number
  • Linked account details (if you’re applying for an Easy Saver, a Smart eSaver or an Online Term Deposit)
  • Proof of Government Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession Card or Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (if you're applying for a FeeSaver Basic account)
  • Your Qantas Frequent Flyer number (if you’re applying for a Bankwest Qantas transaction account).

We’ll need to see some ID

If you’re coming in to apply for a new account or loan, or to chat about existing ones, we need to confirm who you are before we can help you (it’s a security thing).

Photo ID

You can bring one of the following:

  • Australian passport (current or less than two years expired)
  • Current foreign passport and visa
  • Current Australian driver’s licence, including photographic learner’s permit
  • Current Australian government issued proof of age card
    • NSW photo card and birth card
    • WA photo card.


Non-photo ID

You can bring two of the following:

  • Australian or foreign birth certificate
  • Australian birth certificate extract
  • Australian or foreign citizenship certificate
  • Current pension card or health care card issued by Centrelink that entitles you to financial benefits
  • Current Australian driver’s licence without a photo.


One item from the non-photo ID documents listed above AND one of the following (a total of two items):

  • Current foreign driver’s licence
  • Current notice that was issued to you by a local government body or utilities provider (e.g. gas, electricity, water, rates) within the last three months that:
    • Contains your name and residential address; and
    • Records the provision of services by the local government body or utilities provider to you at that address
  • Australian Taxation Office notice issued within the last 12 months which contains your name and residential address, and records a debt payable to you, or by you, to the Commonwealth
  • Current security guard/crowd safety officer ID card
  • If you’re under 18, a notice issued and signed within the last three months by a School Principal that contains your full name, any other names you’re known by, residential address and how long you’ve attended the school.

Special provisions

We may accept alternate documents from remote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, refugees, people living in a declared natural disaster zone or people who’ve recently exited an Australian Correctional Centre. Call us on 13 17 19 to find out what you can bring with you.

Proof of income

If you’re applying for a credit card, personal loan or home loan you'll need to provide proof of income. We'll let you know the specific documents we need as part of your application process, but here’s a general list of what we may ask for.

Do you work for an employer? (PAYG)

If you earn PAYG income not paid into a Bankwest account you'll need to provide two of your most recent consecutive payslips.

Do you own your own business or subcontract? (Self-employed)

We’ll need to see two of your most recent Notices of Assessment from the Australian Taxation Office showing your earnings for these financial years. We may also need copies of your taxation and financial reports from your accountant. These must be from within 18 months of the application submission date.

Do you receive income from a…

Self Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF)?
You’ll need to supply the most recent SMSF member benefit statement and a letter from your financial planner or accountant. The letter needs to confirm you’re receiving payments from the fund and show your balance, minimum payment amount, tax and tax free components, and ‘pension’ status.

retail or industry superannuation fund?
You’ll need the most recent statement of your super balance, including evidence of regular and ongoing payments. Where the payment amounts are not shown, we’ll also need three months’ statements showing the credits to your bank account.

You’ll need your most recent pension statement showing current payments.

rental property?
You’ll need a current, signed rental tenancy agreement or three months of rental income credits to your bank account. You can also bring a rental statement from your managing agent from the past two months, or your two most recent tax returns where the property is already held.

Managing a deceased estate

We’re here to help

We know you’ve got a lot to deal with right now, so we’ve put together a guide to help you understand the process of managing a deceased estate after a loved one passes away.


Need help?

If you’re unsure about what you should bring to your appointment, give us a call.