Home loans help

How do I discharge my home loan?

A home loan discharge request is a request to remove Bankwest as the ‘Mortgagee’ on the Certificate of Title. Some of the main reasons you might be looking to discharge your mortgage with Bankwest could include:

  • your home loan is paid off, and you want to have the Certificate of Title returned to you
  • you’re refinancing your home loan to another financial institution
  • you are selling the property held with Bankwest, and need to organise a discharge of mortgage
  • there’s been a change in property ownership.

You’ll need to fill in a Release of Security form. Please call us on 13 17 19 to discuss your requirements, and we can issue you a copy of the form.

Fees may apply, including government and bank fees.


Not what you were looking for? See all home loans questions.


Need more help?

You can message us in the Bankwest App or online banking, or call us - we're here 24/7.