You can easily rule out transactions you don’t recognise by checking if:
- The purchase was made by an additional cardholder
- The transaction was converted from a foreign currency to AUD
- The transaction is a direct debit (like a membership or subscription) or an app download
- The business is trading under a different name.
For approved transactions, you can check the business’ trading name, address, website, phone number and map location from our app. From your account’s transaction listing, choose the transaction you’d like to see more details for, then go to ‘More about this business’.
If you don’t use our app, you can search ABN lookup for other business trading names.
If you think a transaction is fraudulent, call us straight away.
You can also temporarily lock your card or linked payment device in Bankwest Online Banking or our app.
Only the business can resolve:
- refunds or exchanges for returns
- membership or subscription questions
- issues with defective or unsatisfactory products or services.
It's also best to contact them first if you:
- think you've been charged more than once
- cancelled a regular payment but were still charged
- see differences in the charges on your receipt and statement
- don’t receive your products or services, or a credit that was promised.
If they can't help, call us as soon as you can about the transaction you’re disputing.