In a nutshell, SMS code is a second layer of protection when you're banking or shopping online that confirms it's really you who's completing a transaction – not a fraudster. Registering for SMS code allows you to access all the functions that online banking and the Bankwest App have to offer. It's also nice and easy to use.
- Log in to online banking
- Click 'My details & security'
- Click 'Activate SMS code'.
You'll be asked to set up some secret questions and confirm your mobile number.
- If you're new to online banking, you'll get an automatic prompt to upgrade your security when you first log in
- You'll only need to enter an SMS code for purchases above a certain amount
- If you're being prompted to enter an SMS code but you don't have your mobile phone handy, please call us on 13 17 19 and we'll help you.
Not what you were looking for? See all online banking questions.