Secret questions are an extra layer of security for your online banking – they’ll help keep your details safe and secure if you’re not registered for SMS code. When you enable secret questions by upgrading your security, you’ll need to set up 4 questions (you can choose 2 from a given menu and create 2 of your own).
When a stronger identity check is needed, you’ll be asked to answer 2 secret questions instead of entering an SMS code – for example, when:
- Adding or paying a new BPAY® or Pay AnyBody recipient
- Making a BPAY or Pay AnyBody payment above a certain amount
- Increasing your daily limits
- Resetting a secure code online
- Updating your contact details.