You can close eligible Bankwest accounts in the app by following these easy steps:
- Tap on ‘Accounts’ from the bottom menu
- Select the account you'd like to close (make sure your balance is $0 by transferring all funds from the account)
- Go to the ‘Manage’ tab
- Tap 'Close account' and follow the simple steps.
Note: Term deposit accounts, and joint accounts cannot be closed in the app, you'll need to contact us to assist you.
Business accounts cannot be closed in the app, you'll need to contact Bankwest business banking on 13 7000 or your Business Relationship Manager.
Keep in mind:
- Account must be your account (not a joint account) and on the same PAN you used to log in to the app
- If you have any funds in the account you're closing, you'll need to transfer all funds to another account or recipient
- Accounts cannot have uncleared funds
- Accounts cannot be in debit.
If you want to close your credit card, the process is a little different – see how it works.