- Register for SMS code (it confirms that it really is you completing a transaction and not a fraudster)
- Register for PIN or Fingerprint Login on a compatible device
- Keep your contact details up to date so we can get in touch with you if we spot unusual online activity on your account. If you lose your device, call us on 1300 368 748 as soon as you can.
- Avoid removing hardware restrictions (known as rooting on Android devices and jailbreaking on Apple devices). It can leave your phone susceptible to malware and viruses.
- Use a strong PIN/passcode and/or fingerprint detection
- Keep your operating system and apps up to date (you can enable automatic updates)
- Set your mobile device to lock after a short period of inactivity
- Only install apps from official app stores, such as Apple's App Store® or Google Play™ store.
If you receive any SMS/MMS message that you haven't requested or are expecting and you're suspicious, please forward the message to 0428 812 998 for investigation and delete the message.
Fraudulent text messages use the same tactics as phishing emails, often pretending to come from a legitimate company. They will not contain any specific greeting or account information, they create a sense of urgency, often include no contact details and the link will not go to our website. Avoid responding to or clicking any links due to the risk of a virus or trojan software being installed. We'll never send you a direct link to online banking.
If you clicked on a link provided in a hoax SMS, it's possible your security could've been compromised. Contact us on 1300 368 748 for personal customers or 13 7000 for business customers if you feel that your accounts have been affected.
- If you receive a suspicious call claiming to be from your mobile phone company, asking you to provide your personal information, hang up and call the provider directly.
- If you received an SMS verification code that you haven't requested, call us immediately on 1300 368 748.