Bankwest is ready to provide Emergency Assistance for customers who become affected by Tropical Cyclone Ilsa, with the storm expected to make landfall in the north of Western Australia in coming hours.
Our thoughts are with those in the areas expected to be impacted, and we thank the emergency services and volunteers who are working proactively and tirelessly to prepare and protect the community.
Bankwest understands that each customer will have unique needs and support requirements, and our Financial Assist team is ready to help, with special arrangement options available.
To support our affected customers, our Financial Assist team can discuss a range of options:
- personalised solutions if you’ve got a loan, like changing the repayment arrangements.
- restructuring your business loan without having to worry about the usual bank establishment fees.
- reviewing credit card payments if you’ve got good standing, including requests for emergency limit increases (subject to credit approval).
- waiving pre-payment penalties over the next month if you’d like to access term deposits.
- waiving other selected fees and charges.
Tell us what you need
We’re ready to help customers with any special arrangements and encourage those affected to get in touch, so we can start finding the right solution for you.
Customers have a number of options:
- if you have been impacted and need assistance, call our Financial Assistance team on 1300 769 173.
- visit your nearest branch, if it’s safe to do so.
- reach out to your Relationship Manager if you are a Business customer.
- you may also want to make a home insurance or car insurance claim.
- message us in the Bankwest App or online banking.
- call our Contact Centre 24/7 on 13 17 19.