Bankwest has activated its emergency assistance package for customers and businesses in the mid-coast and northern New South Wales and Queensland regions and surrounding areas affected by bushfires.
Special arrangements are available to customers and our Customer Assist team is ready to help them promptly with their financial concerns and enquiries.
To support our affected customers, our Customer Assist team can discuss a range of options:
- providing tailored solutions for Bankwest home loan customers, which could include changing the repayment arrangements
- restructuring loans for existing business customers, without incurring the usual bank establishment fees
- reviewing credit card instalments for customers of good standing and considering emergency credit limit increases
- waiving pre-payment penalties over the next month for affected customers wishing to access term deposits.
Bankwest understands that each customer will have different needs and we encourage our affected customers to discuss their individual circumstances with our Customer Assist team by:
- phoning 1300 769 173
- visiting their nearest branch, or
- contacting their business relationship manager or business support line as appropriate.
Bankwest’s vision is to deliver amazing customer experiences that matter and our purpose is to improve the financial wellbeing of our customers and communities. Bankwest provides personal and business banking solutions for more than 1.1 million customers across Australia. Our customers enjoy access to an extensive network of branches and business centres, direct and third-party distribution channels, agencies and electronic banking facilities, as well as 24-hour banking on the telephone, internet and the Bankwest App. Bankwest is a division of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.