1. The Easy Grants promotion commences at 08:00 am WST on 01 January 2017 and closes at 11:59 pm WST on 31 December 2017 (‘Promotional Period’). Submitting an application for this grant or submitting a vote constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL/Australian credit licence 234945, Bankwest Place, 300 Murray St, Perth WA 6000, phone 13 17 19 is the promoter of this grant (‘Bankwest’ or ‘Promoter’).
3. There is a limit of one grant application on behalf of one community group per calendar year. If multiple applications are received for one community group, the group will be eligible for public voting once only. Customers may also only apply on behalf of one community group. If customers apply for more than one community group, the first application received will only be eligible.
4. This is open to all Bankwest customers who reside within Australia.
5. To be eligible for entry, the community group must satisfy the Entry Criteria detailed online at happy365.bankwest.com.au (‘Website’).
6. Provided Entry Criteria is met, up to a maximum of forty (40) applications will be shortlisted for an Easy Grant each month, based on the order they were received. If there are over forty (40) applications received in a month, the applications will be carried forward to the next available voting period.
7. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. The public will be invited to vote via the Website for the Community Group they believe should receive the grant, based on what the grant will be used for. The public can only vote for their favourite community group once during each Voting Period. Each Voting Period runs for one month starting from the first Monday of each month, and closing on the last Thursday of each month. Refer to the Voting Periods timeline on the Website for more information.
8. The maximum grant that Bankwest will award is $1000 to each of the top six (6) community groups with the most public votes. The remaining thirty-four (34) community groups will receive a $200 grant each. Total maximum monthly prize value is $12,800.
9. In the instance where less than six (6) applications are received in a month, the community groups that have submitted an application will automatically be awarded with a $1000 grant each and there will be no public voting for that month. If more than six (6) applications are received in a month, the public voting process will commence as stated in clause 6 above.
10. The winner(s) will be notified in writing to their nominated electronic address within two (2) days of the date that winners are selected. The winner(s) details will also be published online at bankwest.com.au within one (1) week of the winner selection date.
11. Bankwest will contact the entrant once the winner(s) has been determined to request an invoice for the amount of the grant awarded. The entrant is required to submit an invoice to Bankwest and funds will be deposited into the community group’s bank account within four (4) weeks upon receiving the invoice. Note: payments will only be paid into a bank account in the community group’s name.
12. As part of the application, Bankwest will request that each applicant upload a photo of their community group which will be displayed on the Bankwest website during the public voting period and once grants have been awarded. By providing this image to Bankwest, the applicant and community group grant approval for Bankwest to use this image on their website.
13. Winner(s) claim their prize in the manner set out in the email informing them that they have won.
14. Winner(s) must accept their prize ‘as is’ and acknowledge that Bankwest accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize. The Winner should seek advice from the Australian Tax Office or their own taxation advisor or independent financial adviser before accepting the prize.
15. If the grant remains unclaimed by failing to send an invoice for payment within three months of receiving the email informing them they have won, the grant will be void.
16. The Grant Recipient is required to coordinate with Bankwest on any planned media releases, promotion materials or events and may not undertake any advertising, media engagements or promotions which expressly mention the Grant Funds or Bankwest as Grantor without Bankwest’s written permission as to content and forum in advance.
17. The organisation that receives the grant must not make a profit that benefits an individual.
18. Bankwest has the ability to change the voting dates.
19. Bankwest is not liable for any losses, injury or damage that may occur directly or indirectly from the use of this grant.
20. No correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter’s decision is final.
21. Bankwest reserves the right to review and amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
22. Bankwest accepts no responsibility for any issues or errors (including, but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Bankwest which corrupt or affect the conduct of this Promotion. Bankwest’s decision on the number of votes recorded is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Want to learn more about Bankwest Easy Grants?