The budget includes $3.2 billion for road infrastructure to reduce congestion and improve safety. In 2018-19 an estimated $1.3 billion has been allocated.
A significant number of road projects have recently started construction or will get underway soon including:
- $145 million for the duplication of Armadale Road between Anstey Road and Tapper Road.
- $237 million for the Armadale Road Bridge, connecting North Lake Road.
- $49 million for the Kwinana Freeway northbound widening between Russell Road and Roe Highway.
- $86 million for the provision of a bridge at the intersection of Roe Highway and Kalamunda Road.
- $40 million for widening the southbound lanes of Mitchell Freeway between Cedric and Vincent Street.
- $115 million for bridges at the intersection of Wanneroo Road and Ocean Reef Road and Wanneroo Road and Joondalup Drive.
- $31 million for the Wanneroo Road dual carriageway between Joondalup Drive and Flynn Drive.
- $70 million for the duplication of Reid Highway between Altone Road and West Swan Road.
- $15 million to undertake upgrades to Mitchell Freeway from Hutton Street to Cedric Street northbound.
- $125 million for the extension of Stephenson Avenue between Scarborough Beach Road and the Mitchell Freeway.
- $118 million for the High Street upgrade between Carrington Street and Stirling Highway.