You’ll need some info, receipts and statements from the last financial year. For a detailed list of what you need to provide, it’s best to chat to a registered tax agent or the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). It’s good to start with your:
- Tax File Number (TFN)
- bank details (BSB and account number)
- Medicare number
- receipts for any tax deductions you want to claim
- PAYG summary from each employer
- statements for money received from investments (like dividends or rental income)
- bank statements for accounts you’ve received interest from.
If you bank with us, you can get a copy of your account statement in online banking. All you need to do is select ‘Tax information’ under the Account information menu. If you don’t have access to online banking, you can contact us and we can send it in the mail instead.