1. Bonus Qantas Points Promotion:
The 50,000 Bonus Qantas Points promotion is only available to new Bankwest Qantas Mastercard customers who apply for a Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard credit card from 24 May 2019 until 31 August 2019, are approved and spend at least $3,000 on eligible purchases within three months from account opening. Bonus Qantas Points are subject to change. Bonus Qantas Points will be transferred to your account within five months of account opening. You are not eligible for this promotion if you upgrade or vary your existing Bankwest credit card to a Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard.
Annual Fee Discount Promotion:
Annual fee is discounted for the first year for new Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard applications received from 24 May 2019 until 31 August 2019 (annual fee will apply to applications received outside these dates). Annual fee of $160 will be payable after the first year and in subsequent years on the anniversary of the card opening.
You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee usually applies. However, complimentary membership is available from Bankwest if you join at qantas.com/joinffbankwest.
Membership and the earning and redemption of points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Qantas Points are earned in accordance with and subject to the Bankwest Qantas Rewards Terms and Conditions (PDF). Qantas Points are earned on eligible purchases only, see Bankwest Qantas Rewards Terms and Conditions (PDF). Exclusions and limitations apply. Points earned and redemption values subject to change.
Qantas Points (outside any bonus points) won't be transferred to your Qantas Frequent Flyer Account until:
- You have spent an initial $1,500 on eligible purchases using your card; and
- Your account has been opened for at least 2 months.
3. You qualify for interest free days on purchases if you pay the closing balance owing (excluding any balance transfer amount) on your current statement in full by the due date. Section 24 of our Credit Cards Conditions of Use (PDF) further outlines how this interest-free period is calculated.
4. A joining fee usually applies. However, complimentary membership is available from Bankwest if you join at qantas.com/joinffbankwest.
5. Limitations, exclusions and eligibility criteria apply. See the Credit Card Insurances Product Disclosure Statement and Information Booklet (PDF) for details.
6. Introductory rate on balance transfers:
- Introductory rate on balance transfers is available to new credit card customers only
- Applies from the date when the card is opened, regardless of when any balance transfer is processed by us
- After intro period, the interest rate on any outstanding transferred balance will be charged at the ongoing balance transfer rate as outlined in your credit card schedule
- Minimum balance transfer amount is $500
- A request will only be processed up to 95% of your approved credit limit
- Only non-Bankwest-branded credit cards can be balance transferred to Bankwest Mastercard credit cards.
View balance transfer terms and conditions.
7. Foreign transactions are transactions occurring outside of Australia whether in foreign currency or Australian dollars including if you are in Australia (for example, online) where the merchant or the financial institution or entity processing the transaction is located overseas. No foreign transaction fees apply for Platinum or World customers. Other fees and charges may apply, including when using overseas ATMs.
Mastercard and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and the circles design and Tap & go are trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.