You can save a trip to a Bankwest store by sending money overseas in just a few clicks through online banking. You can send money to over 200 countries (PDF) in the currencies of Canada, Denmark, European Union, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, India, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland and the United States.
Before you start:
- Register for SMS code
- Set up your daily international transfer limit (up to AUD$20,000) by selecting ‘Payments & transfers’ and clicking ‘Payment limits’
- You’ll need the SWIFT/BIC 1 or Bank Code 2 of the bank you’re sending the funds to. Your recipient should be able to tell you the code to use, or you can check the SWIFT website
- You might need the name and address of the overseas bank
- You might need an International Bank Account Number (IBAN), 3 depending on the country you’re sending money to. If the form asks for one, you’ll need to ask your recipient for their IBAN
- You may also need the recipient’s full name, address and account number.
- Select ‘Payments’ and click ‘Make a payment’, then ‘International transfer’
- Enter the details of the transfer as prompted and click ‘Create transfer’
- We’ll need to confirm your identity via SMS code (it’s a security thing). Click ‘SMS me now’ and enter the 6 digit code before clicking confirm transfer.
Before you send money overseas make sure that you are aware of the relevant fees and charges as outlined in the Your Guide to Banking Fees (PDF).
For more information visit our international payments page.
Not what you were looking for? See all travel and international questions.