You can save on a trip to the store by sending money overseas in a few clicks through online banking. You can send money to over 200 countries (PDF) in the currencies of: Canada, Denmark, European Union, Great Britain, Hong Kong, India, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United States.
- Register for SMS code
- Set up your daily international transfer limit (up to AUD$20,000) by selecting ‘Payments & transfers’ and clicking ‘Payment limits’
- You’ll need the Bank Identification Code (BIC) or SWIFT code of the bank you’re sending funds to. Your recipient should be able to tell you the code to use, or you can check the SWIFT website.
- You might need an International Bank Account Number (IBAN), depending on the country you’re sending money to. If the form asks for one, you’ll need to ask your recipient for their IBAN.
- Select ‘Payments & transfers’ and click ‘Make a payment’, then ‘International transfer’
- Enter the details of the transfer as prompted and click ‘Create transfer’
- We’ll need to confirm your identity via SMS code (it’s a security thing). Click ‘SMS me now’ and enter the 6 digit code before clicking confirm transfer.
Not what you were looking for? See all travel and international questions.