As of 1 October 2018, we're changing our provider for complimentary credit card insurance from Allianz (through their agent Allianz Global Assistance) to Cover-More. If you hold an eligible credit card and receive complimentary credit card insurance you need to be aware that from 1 October 2018 all claims will be administered and new policies will be provided by Zurich (through their agent Cover-More).
- View the Complimentary Credit Card Insurance booklet (PDF) which is valid until 30 September 2018.
- View the Credit Card Insurances Product Disclosure Statement and Information Booklet (PDF) which is valid from 1 October 2018.
Limitations, exclusions and eligibility criteria apply.
The changes affect those with any of the following Bankwest credit cards:
- Gold, Platinum or World Mastercard®
- Visa Gold cards
- Non-Gold and non-Platinum Breeze Mastercard products opened before 3 March 2012.
Eligible cardholders aged 80 years and over
If you're an eligible cardholder and are aged 80 years or over, you'll no longer be eligible for medical or health related cover on Overseas Travel Insurance from 1 October 2018.
From 1 October you can choose to contact Cover-More on 1300 468 340 to determine whether you can get a quote for an alternative product for a premium.
Any other type of credit card insurance you’re eligible for will remain the same.
All eligible cardholders
The following changes will be made to your cover:
- Asthma continues to be included as an existing medical condition that is automatically included. Whilst the general criteria of not being hospitalised in the past two years for that condition and not having had surgery for that condition remains the same the acceptance criteria has changed. In particular, asthma will continue to be covered as an existing medical condition provided you meet the following conditions – you are under 60 years of age, you have not smoked in the last 18 months, you do not need prescribed oxygen outside of a hospital and you have no other lung condition or disease
- The definition of Existing Medical Condition has been changed and an Existing Medical Condition (that will not be covered under this policy) now includes a medically documented condition involving the kidney or liver. Please read the new definition to check if you need to apply for cover and complete a health assessment with Cover-More. An additional premium will apply
- Claims relating to a mobile phone (or similar) device has an additional requirement to supply the International Mobile Equipment Identity in the event of a claim
- Items like cameras, jewellery, laptop computers and mobile phones have been given a combined definition of ‘Valuables’
- There are changes to the cover for cancellation costs (including additional expenses) if you need to amend your trip
- The Personal Liability benefit has additional exclusions.
Check out the Credit Card Insurances Product Disclosure Statement and Information Booklet (PDF) for more details.