Your online security is very important to us
That's why we continually review the techniques we use to create a secure online banking environment and why we offer a No Loss Security Guarantee in Bankwest Online Banking.
No Loss Security Guarantee
We are so confident with our online security system that we guarantee your money will be safe when you use Bankwest Online Banking.
This is provided you have complied with our
Bankwest Online Banking Product Disclosure Statement
and neither you nor any authorised user on your behalf have contributed to the loss.
If you do have a loss resulting from an unauthorised transaction in Bankwest Online Banking, then subject to the previous paragraph, we will reimburse you the full amount of any funds lost.
Some of the measures we take to protect you include:
- the use of
128-bit SSL encryption
to establish a secure connection between your computer and our online banking service once logged on
SMS code verification
for online shopping and high value transactions
- unauthorised access to our systems (and your information) is prevented through the use of firewalls which block unauthorised network traffic
- having dedicated teams in place to proactively monitor for suspicious activity on your account
- Bankwest Online Banking (BOB) and Online Business Banking (OBB) time out automatically after inactivity
- our Customer Help Centre is available on
13 17 19,
so you always have a person to talk to if you have any concerns
- working closely with government, industry and regulatory bodies to establish best practice in eCommerce security and ensure the safety and security of your information, privacy and funds
- maintaining close links with the
Australian High Tech Crime Centre (AHTCC),
a federal agency tasked with fighting the latest online threats
- participating in the Australasian Consumer Fraud Taskforce's (ACFT) Scamwatch campaign. Check out the
to find out how the banking industry is working together to address online security
- browse the
Stay Smart Online website
which also describes the work financial institutions are undertaking in order to help protect you online
how can we help?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Bankwest security or privacy please contact us immediately.
- personal banking customers please call us on
13 17 19
- business banking customers please call us on 13 7000
- If you spot a suspicious email forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org