Bankwest Queensland Flood Support
24 January 2011
Bankwest has announced a series of initiatives to support customers and the wider public in the Queensland flood recovery.
Bankwest is waiving ATM fees charged to non-Bankwest customers in flood affected areas. This includes ATMs at Bankwest stores and other ATMs locations, including 7-Eleven convenience stores.
Additionally, Bankwest is providing financial hardship support for individuals and businesses affected by the flooding. This includes:
- Providing additional loans or changes to repayment arrangements for Bankwest home loan customers who may experience difficulties because of the floods,
- Restructuring loans for existing business customers, without incurring the usual bank establishment fees,
- Reviewing credit card instalments for customers of good standing and considering emergency credit limit increases,
- Waiving prepayment charges over the next month for affected customers wishing to access term deposits,
- Waiving branch service fees where the customer is looking to obtain a service from the Bank as a result of the disaster.
Bankwest has also set up a special customer support team for those impacted by the floods and in need of assistance. The number is 1300 556 554 or they can be reached on email - firstname.lastname@example.org