Bankwest Financial Hardship for Carnarvon Floods
22 December 2010
Bankwest today announced an Emergency Financial Hardship Relief package to assist customers affected by severe flooding in Carnarvon.
Bankwest Managing Director Jon Sutton said customers whose personal or work circumstances had been impacted by the floods will be supported by a range of hardship options.
"The terrible reality is that many people have tragically lost everything, including their homes, in some of the worst flooding ever witnessed in WA," Mr Sutton said.
"As the rest of us are preparing to celebrate Christmas with our families and enjoy ourselves over the Festive Season, many Carnarvon residents will be counting the cost and thinking about their lost properties, farms, livestock and crops."
Bankwest has a team of specialist hardship bankers standing by to help customers struggling with the floods, including:
- Providing additional loans or changes to repayment arrangements for Bankwest home loan customers who may experience difficulties because of the floods,
- Restructuring loans for business customers with existing loans, without incurring the usual bank establishment fees,
- Review credit card instalments for customers of good standing and consideration emergency credit limit increases,
- Waiving prepayment charges over the next month for affected customers wishing to access term deposits,
- Waiving branch service fees where the customer is looking to obtain a service from the Bank as a result of the disaster.
"There is nothing more important to Bankwest than our customers and we will do everything possible to help look after those people struggling as a result of the floods," Mr Sutton said.
"Our staff will work with customers to determine the most appropriate assistance option for each individual to make sure these cases are dealt with as quickly as possible."
In addition, Bankwest stores will accept donations as part of the LORD MAYOR'S DISTRESS RELIEF FUND GASCOYNE & MIDWEST FLOOD APPEAL.
Donations can also be made at Bankwest stores, or dposited to the account at: 306-089-2756186