Bankwest supports customers impacted by Perth Hills bushfires
14 January 2014
Bankwest has activated its Disaster Response Package for customers and businesses affected by the bushfires in the Perth Hills area.
Special arrangements are available to customers and our Hardship Assist Team is ready to assist them promptly with their financial concerns and enquiries.
To aid our affected customers efficiently, our team will leverage a response solutions package which, depending on customers’ circumstances, may include:
- Providing tailored solutions for Bankwest home loan customers, with consideration given to additional loans or changing the repayment arrangements,
- Restructuring loans for existing business customers, without incurring the usual bank establishment fees,
- Reviewing credit card instalments for customers of good standing and considering emergency credit limit increases,
- Waiving prepayment penalties over the next month for affected customers wishing to access term deposits.
The following immediate action has taken place:
- If any contact is being made by Customers who have suffered difficulties, the Hardship Assist Team is currently supporting them.
Bankwest is supporting the Lord Mayor’s Disaster Relief Fund, accepting donations over the counter at any Bankwest stores or agency to the dedicated Parkerville Fire Appeal account: BSB 306-089, account 323311-7.
Bankwest announced yesterday it had made a $30,000 donation to the fund.
Bankwest understands that each customer will have different needs and we encourage our affected customers to discuss their individual circumstances with our Hardship Assist Team by phoning 1300 769 173 or visiting their nearest store.