Bankwest offers support to flood-affected customers
29 January 2013
Bankwest has closed one of its Brisbane stores and is offering special assistance to customers affected by the floods in Queensland.
Two Bankwest premises have been affected by the floods:
- Bankwest’s Creek Street store is currently closed, given its proximity to the Brisbane River, with the intention of reopening on Thursday.
- Bankwest’s Brisbane office at Waterfront Place is open, however, only limited colleagues are in attendance due to access difficulties imposed by the weather.
At this stage, Bankwest’s other store in Brisbane, located on Queen Street, will remain open.
The special assistance the Bank is now offering to affected customers includes:
- Providing additional loans (including emergency credit limit increases) or changes to repayment arrangements for Bankwest home loan customers who may experience difficulties because of the floods;
- Offering advice or restructuring loans for existing business customers, without incurring the usual bank establishment fees;
- Reviewing credit card installments for customers of good standing and considering emergency credit limit increases;
- Waiving prepayment charges for affected customers wishing to access term deposits over the next month;
- Waiving in-store service fees where the customer is looking to obtain a service from the Bank as a result of the disaster.
We understand that each customer will have different needs and we encourage our affected customers to discuss their individual circumstances with us by phoning 1300 769 173 or contacting their relationship manager.