Bankwest Future of Business Report: Productivity
14 April 2016
The Bankwest Business Productivity Report, the first report in the 2016 series, looks at the tactics small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) are embracing and initiatives they’re undertaking to improve the productivity of both their employees and their business, and offers practical tips to business owners.
Last year’s productivity report highlighted a strong focus on cost reduction, the 2016 report shows SMBs are intending to increase their financial commitment to productivity initiatives to drive results.
- This report was prepared by CoreData on behalf of Bankwest.
- The research was conducted between February 8th and February 17th, 2016 via an online quantitative survey of approximately 40 questions, developed and hosted by CoreData.
- The quantitative research was supplemented by two qualitative phone-based interviews, which formed the basis of the case studies.
- CoreData’s proprietary panel and panel partners were used to canvass the views of a specific target market – business leaders in small and medium sized businesses.
- The sample comprised of 502 respondents in C-suite and senior management positions within small and medium sized businesses.
- The targeted businesses have an annual turnover of up to $250 million and a minimum of five employees. For the purposes of this research:
- Small business is defined as businesses with up to $2 million annual revenue.
- Medium business is defined as businesses with between $2 million and $250 million annual revenue.
- Larger medium business is defined as businesses with between $5 million and $250 million in annual revenue.
- The targeted businesses are from the top 18 Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification (ANZSIC) industries: Accommodation and food services, Administrative and support services, Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting, Arts and recreation services, Construction, Education and training, Electricity, gas and water supply, Finance and insurance, Health care and social assistance, Information media and telecommunications, Manufacturing, Mining, Professional, scientific and technical services, Public administration and safety, Rental, hiring and real estate services, Retail trade, Transport and storage and Wholesale trade.